Modern Woodmen founder Joseph Cullen Root envisioned a fraternal benefit society that would improve lives and clear away financial burdens for families. His vision of who we could be is who we still are today.
The bonds we share
Throughout our history, Modern Woodmen members have touched lives and secured futures nationwide. Today members remain connected by common bonds, including:
- Financial security for families, through life insurance, annuity, investment* and banking products.
- Quality family life, through member benefits and local fraternal activities.
- Community impact, through local volunteer projects.
Our purpose and objectives
Modern Woodmen's mission is to improve the quality of life for its members. We do this by:
- Bringing together persons of exemplary habits and good moral character into the fraternal benefit society and thereby providing for the social, intellectual, moral, financial and physical improvements of its members.
- Promoting fraternal relationships and fostering acts of charity and benevolence by and among its members.
- Providing opportunities for service to others and positive community impact through local volunteer projects.
- Promoting patriotism and responsible citizenship.
- Encouraging and supporting quality family life through education, fraternal activities and financial security.
- Providing death, disability, annuity and other benefits, rights and privileges to its members and their beneficiaries.