Youth Educational Programs are free educational classroom curriculum programs for school and youth groups. Since 1948, Modern Woodmen has offered these programs to help kids become safer, more responsible and more confident.
2013 National School Speech Contest winners
View excerpts from the speeches of the first-, second- and third-place winners of the 2013 National School Speech Contest. The topic was "A Person Who Has Overcome."
Open to everyone
Members and nonmembers can use Modern Woodmen youth educational programs! This includes public and private schools, home school associations, churches, YMCAs, park programs, day-care centers, before- and after-school programs, scout troops, and 4-H clubs.*
Easy to use
Modern Woodmen's youth educational programs are easy for teachers and youth leaders to implement and teach children valuable life lessons in a learning environment.
Benefit children and communities
Children who participate:
- Gain information in many different areas of learning.
- Build self-esteem.
- Receive useful, take-home items to reinforce learning.
- Are recognized for their efforts.
- Have fun!
Communities that access Modern Woodmen youth educational programs:
- Gain free resources for educators and kids.
- Receive educational support for local schools and other youth organizations.
- Build a sense of caring.