We’re sorry for the loss of your loved one. If you think he or she was a Modern Woodmen member, please call our Service Center at (800) 447-9811, M-F, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Central Time to notify us of the death and initiate the claim process or you may complete this online form
After doing so, you’ll receive the forms you need to file a claim. Once the benefit is paid, the beneficiary will receive a helpful booklet about grieving, provided through our fraternal Grief Assistance Program. Steps in the claim process
After you initiate the claim process, here is what will happen:
- Modern Woodmen will provide you with claim forms.
- You will return the completed forms which include:
Modern Woodmen will quickly evaluate your claim.
Modern Woodmen will send your claim payment.
- A Claimant Statement from each beneficiary
- A certified death certificate
- Other forms which may be provided